Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Merchants using the Vendexo E-Commerce Platform (The "Platform", "Service", "System")
- We welcome Merchants who operate only in a lawful manner, and who promote, advertise and sell only lawful goods and services.
- We do not welcome Merchants who promote, advertise or sell 'adult', pornographic, or offensive material which would incite hatred.
- Merchants may not make false claims, or claims which cannot be substantiated, about the products or services which they sell through The Service.
- Merchants may not make use of false product or service endorsements or testimonials.
- Merchants are responsible for all activity and content such as text, images, video, audio or any media, collected, uploaded, displayed or distributed via the Platform in connection with their accounts. Merchants (not Vendexo) must not, and are responsible to ensure that they do not, violate any copyright or other digital media rights associated with such content.
- Merchants using The Service agree not to violate these aforementioned eligibility requirements. Failure to remain "eligible" can lead to Account termination.
- You may not have more than one Merchant account unless agreed to, in writing, by Vendexo.
- As part of signing up as a Merchant, you will be asked to provide your name and contact details. The address you provide must be your physical address, and not some forwarding office in another country or region. The name you provide must be your real name. All registration information must be complete, accurate and up-to-date. Impersonation is considered fraud.
- Vendexo may rely upon and treat as genuine any notice or instruction which may reasonably be believed to have come from you or to have been authorised by you.
- You shall promptly inform Vendexo of any known or suspected unauthorised access or use of your Account, or any loss or theft of your username or password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.
- Signing up may involve more than one stage depending on whether or not you already have a login account on the Vendexo System. If you don't have a login account it will involve signing up for a login account, registering your business, and then signing up as a Merchant on the System. Each stage will require acceptance of Terms and Conditions which accumulate, and apply as a set when using The Service.
- Before you can use the E-Commerce Platform as a Merchant you may have to wait for your request to be reviewed by our staff. In such cases you will be informed of the review outcome by e-mail.
- If your request to use The Service as a Merchant is approved, you can then login and enter the control panel for the E-Commerce Platform.
The System issues a shop licence per shop to the Merchant, which is time-bound and must be renewed, for a few. Should the licence be allowed to expire, the online shop will cease to operate. The Service will send an e-mail to the Merchant before the licence expires as a reminder. Shop licence fees are not refundable. Vendexo may offer an initial trial-period licence free of charge.
Shop CreditsShop Credits are purchased by the Merchant from Vendexo and used to cover transaction charges on sales. Merchants should top up their Credit balance as required by purchasing additional Credits via the Conrol Panel. If the Credit balance should fall to zero or below, customers will not be able to make purchases from the online shop. The System will send a message to alert the Merchant when the Credit balance is detected as low. Shop Credits are not refundable. The price of Shop Credits and the transaction charges (excluding Ticket Shops) are listed on the page products. The transaction charges for shops selling tickets are negotiated separately with the Merchant.
Third Party Websites
Vendexo is not responsible, and does not offer any representation for the content of any website which is maintained by a third party and which is accessible through The Service.
Consent to Promote and Disclose Certain Information
By operating an online shop, the Merchant will be collecting and processing the personal data of the customers of that shop. The Merchant must uphold the rights and freedoms of the people this personal data relates to. The Merchant has legal obligations with respect to to this personal data as decreed in statutary law and data protection regulations. Merchants must familiarise themselves with these laws and regulations and operate accordingly. They must grant to the people whose personal data they keep on the E-Commerce Platform, the rights which they have under these laws and regulations, including access to their data, rectification of errors in their personal data, and erasure of their personal data (excluding classes of personal data subject to a minimum retention period by law).
- The Merchant is free to withdraw from The Service at any time.
- Vendexo may immediately deactivate and terminate the Account of any Merchant who violates these Terms and Conditions.
- Dormant Accounts: Vendexo may, without notice, immediately deactivate and terminate a Merchant's Account and associated online shops using The Service if it discovers that, for a period of 12 months, the Account has been inactive (no logins), and the online shops (or shop) associated with the Account have not registered a sale in that period.
Vendexo may change these Terms and Conditions from to time. The latest version always applies to all Merchants, even to Merchants who signed up while an earlier version was in force.
Vendexo may change, evolve, add to, remove or replace, in part or in whole The Service at any time. Significant and material changes will be notified to Merchants either by e-mail or by a notice on The System's website. Merchants who are unhappy with such changes are free to withdraw from The Service (see 'Termination' above).
Terms and Conditions for Businesses
Anyone signing up to a business account on this system must be over 18 years of age.
The person signing up for a business account must have valid claim to the business name which is provided for the account. They must either be, be part or, or have the approval of, the said business's executive management. A business registrant may not use a business name which would likely mislead other users into thinking that the business belonged to someone else. In the event of a name challenge, the person responsible for the business account may be required to produce a valid business or company name certificate from his/her state or country companies registration office in order to retain the right to retain use of said business name.
Tax (VAT) Registration Number
If a business provides a tax (VAT) registration number, it must be for the business named (filled into the form) during the business registration process. The business user must ensure that the business name maintained on our system always matches the name of the entity represented by the tax (VAT) registration number, as determined by the relevant tax authority. The account may be suspended if checks of the tax (VAT) registration number discover fraudulent use of the number.
General User Terms and Conditions
Applies to: All users of the vendexo.com website.
Vendexo expects its users to behave in a responsible manner in order to maintain system integrity and availability for the benefit of all users.
When you use any of Vendexo's services, in any form, you automatically accept and agree to the following terms and conditions.
Extra terms and conditions may apply depending on the Vendexo services you sign up to, and you are required to accept and adhere each and all of them.
These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time, with the latest version being available from here.
Users hereby agree to keep cognisant of the current terms and conditions by viewing them at the indicated website from time to time.
Vendexo reserves to right to suspend or cancel a user's access to any or all services it provides if it decides that it has been used inappropriately or not. Specifically:
- Lawful purposes: The system will be used for lawful and legitimate purposes only.
- No pornographic or offensive content is to be submitted/uploaded.
- No offence: Text entered by users into the system together with images and other media files must not contain offensive or defamatory material, nor should it contain references or hyperlinks to such material.
- No SPAM: Users will not use this system for sending unsolicited e-mails.
- No unauthorized use of other people's accounts.
- No attempt will be made to corrupt data or system integrity.
- No attempt will be made to overload or flood the system with requests or jobs thereby threatening to, or actually causing denial of service to other users.
- Fair usage: Reasonable and fair use of system resources.
The website may be inaccessible at certain times due to maintenance or fault. Neither Vendexo nor its partners or agents shall be liable for any losses incurring to users of its services during such outages.
- The services offered by Vendexo are provided on an "as is" basis, and no representations or warranties of completeness, merchantability or suitability for any purpose are made, save as required by the laws of the Republic of Ireland. The application of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
- Vendexo cannot be held responsible for the quality, fitness for purpose etc. of products or services sold by merchants using this service. It also cannot be held responsible for the inability of the merchant to supply ordered goods or services.
- Users of the services provided by this website agree to to defend,
indemnify, save and hold harmless from any
and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims, including legal fees
levied against us, our agents, our customers, officers and employees that may
arise or result from any service provided or performed, or agreed to be performed
or any product sold by the user (be he/she an individual, a business or other entity)
the user's agents, employees or assigns. The user
agrees to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless against liabilities arising out of:
- any injury to person or property caused by any product or service sold or otherwise distributed in connection with our service;
- any material supplied by the user infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party;
- copyright infringement and
- any defective products sold to customers using our service.
Vendexo may cancel a user's access to system services at any time for any of the following reasons:
- The User has breached any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or has acted in a manner which shows that he/she does not intend to or is unable to comply with them.
- Vendexo is required by law to do so. For example, the provision of Vendexo service to the User is or becomes unlawful, or if the User is using, or intends to use, the services provided in an unlawful way or to support unlawful activities.
- For operational reasons Vendexo is withdrawing the provision of its services from the country or region where the User is located.
- Where, in Vendexo's opinion, the provision of services to the User is no longer commercially viable.
Neither Party shall be liable for, or be considered in breach of these Terms and Conditions on account of any delay or failure to perform as required by these Terms and Conditions as a result of any causes or conditions which are beyond the Party's reasonable control, including but not limited to: acts of God, acts of government, strikes, or war, and which the Party is unable to overcome by the exercise of reasonable diligence.
Disputes and Juristiction
If a dispute should arise between Vendexo and You, which cannot be resolved by the two Parties together, both parties agree to try to reach a resolution via independent arbitration prior to taking legal action. If arbitration is unsuccessful, then the laws and legal system of the Republic of Ireland will apply.